· All the powers of an Overview and Scrutiny Committee as set out in section 21 of the Local Government Act 2000 and Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007.
· To discharge of the functions and responsibilities of a Crime and Disorder Committee in accordance with section 19 of the Police and Justice Act 2006 and regulations made under section 20 of the Act.
· To improve the terms of participation in society, particularly for people who are disadvantaged, through enhancing opportunities, access to resources, voice and respect for rights.
· To develop policy within the scope of the Committee and make recommendations to the Cabinet.
· Monitor the administration and spending in services within its scope.
· To review the impact of decisions and policies implemented by the Council.
· Lead responsibility for scrutinising the relevant Cabinet Member(s).
· Improving Social Inclusion.
· Enhancing the quality of life of residents.
· Community safety and tackling anti-social behaviour.
· Licensing and gambling.
· Neighbourhood governance.
· Community engagement, consultation and empowerment activities.
· The Council’s equalities and diversity programmes and support for vulnerable groups.
· The Council’s Voluntary Sector strategy.
· Increasing access to opportunity in all aspects of social and economic life in the borough.
· Other policies and initiatives supporting social inclusion in the borough.
· Any other matter allocated by the Policy and Oversight Board.
Support officer: David Abbott. Email: David.Abbott@lbhf.gov.uk