The member boroughs of the West London Alliance have established a formal legal partnership to deliver economic prosperity and growth in West London, called the West London Economic Prosperity Board.
The Board will focus on:
· Supporting low-paid residents in work to enable them to achieve pay levels that can sustain and improve their living arrangements
· Radically improving success rates for employment programmes, particularly for disadvantaged residents and communities, and getting all young people in West London into education, employment or training
· Supporting delivery of at least 74,000 new homes to help boost local industry and address the shortage of affordable homes to buy and rent in London
· Increasing small business start-up and survival rates
· Collaborating with higher education institutions to address local skills gaps and support business growth
· Creating and maintaining thriving town centres that people want to live in, work in, and visit.
The Board will play a leading role in discussions and negotiations with the Mayor and the government about devolving powers and functions related to economic growth to West London.