All the powers of an Overview and Scrutiny Committee as set out in section 21 of the Local Government Act 2000 and Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007 and Sustainable Communities Act 2007, which provides the principal statutory powers by means of which local authorities are currently engaged directly in helping to tackle climate change.
· To discharge of functions contained in s.9FH of Schedule 2 to the Localism Act 2011 to review and scrutinise the exercise by flood risk management authorities of flood risk management functions which may affect the local authority’s area
· To develop policy within the scope of the Committee and make recommendations to the Cabinet
· Monitor the administration and spending in services within its scope
· To review the impact of decisions and policies implemented by the Council
· Lead responsibility for scrutinising the relevant Cabinet Member(s)
· Climate Change and the response to the Climate Emergency
· Transport, including roads maintenance, other transport infrastructure
· Parking policy, traffic management and the relationship with TfL
· Planning policy and performance and the impact of developments on transport infrastructure and the environment
· Recycling and environmental sustainability
· Waste-disposal, refuse collection, and street cleansing
· Ecology and Biodiversity
· Any other matter allocated by the Policy and Oversight Board.
Note: Planning decisions cannot be scrutinised
Support officer: Amrita White. Email: Amrita.White@lbhf.gov.uk