· All the powers of an Overview and Scrutiny Committee as set out in section 21 of the Local Government Act 2000 and Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007.
· To develop policy within the scope of the Committee and make recommendations to the Cabinet
· Monitor the administration and spending in services within its scope
· To review the impact of decisions and policies implemented by the Council
· Lead responsibility for scrutinising the relevant Cabinet Members(s).
To monitor the policy, administration and spending of all aspects of:
· The local economy
· Support for local businesses and high streets, including the ability of local businesses and the voluntary and community sector to procure from the Council and the Council's suppliers
· Local employment opportunities
· Public sports facilities
· Regeneration and renewal of deprived areas
· Arts and cultural services
· Adult education
· The local environment, parks and open spaces
· Street Scene
· Enhancing the quality of life of residents
· Any other matter allocated by the Policy Unit and Overview Board.
Support officer: Charles Francis. Email: Charles.Francis@lbhf.gov.uk