· All the powers of an Overview and Scrutiny Committee as set out in section 21 of the Local Government Act 2000 and Local Government and Public Involvement in Health Act 2007, in particular:
· To discharge functions under the Health and Social Care Act 2001
· To discharge any functions under the Health and Social Care Act 2012 and any subsequent regulations
· To develop policy within the scope of the Committee and make recommendations to the Cabinet
· Monitor the administration and spending in services within its scope
· To review the impact of decisions and policies implemented by the Council
· Lead responsibility for scrutinising the relevant Cabinet Members(s).
· Health of both children and adults (including public health).
· The provision, maintenance and improvement of primary and acute NHS services in the borough.
· The provision of mental health services in the borough.
· Adult social care services in the borough, including the exercise of statutory responsibilities in relation to the scrutiny of health as set out in Article 6 and also the voluntary and community sector.
· Health and Adult Social Care commissioning services.
· Any other matter allocated by the Policy and Oversight Board.
Support officer: Bathsheba Mall. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org