Venue: Main Hall (1st Floor) - 3 Shortlands, Hammersmith, W6 8DA. View directions
Contact: Bathsheba Mall Email: Bathsheba.Mall@lbhf.gov.uk
Apologies for absence
Declarations of interest
If a Councillor has a disclosable pecuniary interest in a particular item, whether or not it is entered in the Authority’s register of interests, or any other significant interest which they consider should be declared in the public interest, they should declare the existence and, unless it is a sensitive interest as defined in the Member Code of Conduct, the nature of the interest at the commencement of the consideration of that item or as soon as it becomes apparent.
Where Members of the public are not allowed to be in attendance and speak, then the Councillor with a disclosable pecuniary interest should withdraw from the meeting whilst the matter is under consideration. Councillors who have declared other significant interests should also withdraw from the meeting if they consider their continued participation in the matter would not be reasonable in the circumstances and may give rise to a perception of a conflict of interest.
Councillors are not obliged to withdraw from the meeting where a dispensation to that effect has been obtained from the Standards Committee.
To approve the minutes of the previous meeting held on 20 June 2022.
The Covid-19 pandemic accelerated the reliance for people to get online for work and pleasure, but it also accelerated and deepened the divide between digital have and have nots.
This item will support the co-production in public of the Council's developing Digital Inclusion Strategy, through the experiences and expertise of guests and residents.
Guest speakers and contributors have been invited to share their views on the following emerging themes:
· How can H&F work with residents, community and voluntary sector, local businesses and partners to tackle the digital divide? How can residents be supported to overcome barriers to digital exclusion?
· What does H&F already do well and what could we do better?
· Given the severe impacts of the Cost-of-Living on residents and businesses, how can our approach to digital inclusion help to drive financial inclusion – in terms of improving access to affordable credit, products, services, and support to help manage their personal finances?
· Lisa Howie, Landlord Success Manager, Community Fibre
· James Prowse, Regional Manager – Local Authorities, Hyperoptic
· David Strachan, Senior Business Development Manager, Hyperoptic
· Simi Ryatt, Chief Executive Officer, Citizens Advice H&F
· Catherine Tyson, Managing Consultant, Agilisys
· Veronica Barella, Chief Digital Officer
· Darren Persaud, REAP Programme Delivery & Support Manager
· David Issacs, Co-production co-ordinator
This report covers the areas of work and reports considered by each of the policy and accountability committees, examining and exploring emerging themes in the context of the committee’s individual work programmes.
This report sets out the board’s work programme for 2022/23.
Date of next meeting
Monday, 12 December 2022.