Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing and Homelessness
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Procurement Strategy to procure a contractor
to carry out upgrade/replacement works in relation to Electrical
Lateral Mains (ELMs) across 22 blocks. ELMs provide the electrical
distribution system in multi-occupancy buildings (landlord
electrical distribution infrastructure).
That the Cabinet Member:
1. Approves the Procurement Strategy for the proposed approach to procure a contractor to undertake ‘Phase two (2) of the Electrical Lateral Mains Upgrade Works’ in 22 blocks in accordance with the 12-year HRA Asset Management Capital Strategy.
2. Delegates authority to the Strategic Director of the Economy to amend or make changes to the proposed scope of services for operational reasons, where such amendments can be contained within the approved budget envelope and available resources.
1. To comply with the requirements contained in the Council’s Contract Standing Orders (CSOs) to seek Cabinet Member approval for the Procurement Strategy set out in this paper.
2. The Council is the responsible landlord and the ‘HRA 12 year Asset Management Capital Strategy’ listed replacement works in relation to Lateral Mains to be undertaken.
1. Option 1: Do nothing.
2. Option 2: Procure a contractor using the single-stage open procedure.
3. Option 3: Procure a contractor using the two-stage restricted procedure.
4. Option 4: Procure a contractor by running a mini-competition under an existing third-party framework.
Publication date: 10/11/2022
Date of decision: 08/11/2022
Effective from: 15/11/2022