Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Children and Education
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approve release and use of maintained nursery
grant supplement, and release and use of funding for vulnerable and
additional needs, both from Early Years DSG block
To approve the release of funding from the Early Years block to provide Randolph Beresford with an additional £562,000 from Early Years Dedicated Schools Grant for the 2022/23 academic year. This will fund the enhanced childcare offer currently being delivered at the nursery to the end of the academic year 2022/23.
1. Approving additional funding for Randolph Beresford will allow the nursery to set a balanced budget and advertise their offer ahead of the next academic year. Additionally, funding Randolph Beresford to continued historic levels will provide the nursery with stability as officers work with the provider to review the current offer.
2. In the meantime, the nursery school will continue to offer the same enhanced childcare offer in academic year 22/23 as in previous years.
1. To approve the release of funding from the Early Years block to provide Randolph Beresford with additional funding of £562,000 for the 2022/23 academic year. (recommended)
2. This will fund the enhanced childcare offer for vulnerable children currently being delivered at the nursery to the end of the academic year 2022/23.
3. Approval will allow Randolph Beresford to set a balanced budget and advertise their offer ahead of the next academic year enabling the nursery school to continue offering the same level of provision in previous years.
4. Do not approve additional funding to Randolph Beresford (not recommended)
5. This option is not recommended as it will provide Randolph Beresford with insufficient time to produce a balanced budget for the next academic year, and will not give a sufficient lead in to review overall use of the vulnerable children fund as per plans under Phase 2.
Publication date: 09/08/2022
Date of decision: 02/08/2022
Effective from: 12/08/2022