Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing and Homelessness
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Contract award for a contractor to deliver
roofing repairs and maintenance works across council housing
1. To approve that Appendix 1 is not for publication on the basis that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) as set out in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
2. To approve the award of the Roofing Repairs and Maintenance Contract to Cablesheer (Asbestos) Limited, for a value of up to £700,000 for a two-year contract with a one year’s optional extension making the total value £1,050,000.
1. To enable LBHF to carry out roofing related repairs and maintenance works across council housing stock, fulfilling its duties as landlord.
2. The recommendations are based on a competitive procurement exercise in which the Contractor recommended for appointment is the top-ranking bidder according to the Council’s evaluation criteria.
1. Option 1: Award the contract to Cablesheer (Asbestos) Limited. This is the recommended option. This bidder delivered top-ranking bid and LBHF require a contractor to deliver roofing related works across its council housing stock on behalf of the Direct Labour Organisation, who do not currently have the specialism to deliver this element in-house. It is the duty of LBHF as a landlord to keep homes safe and in good repair and awarding this contract will support this to be achieved.
2. Option 2: Do not award the contract. This is not recommended as a contractor to deliver roofing related works is required. The tender process has delivered competitive bids, of a quality standard. Not awarding a contract as a result of the procurement process would mean the council is left without a compliant provider to deliver these types of works.
Publication date: 24/02/2022
Date of decision: 23/02/2022
Effective from: 01/03/2022