Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. Notes that Appendix 1 is not for publication on the basis that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) as set out in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
2. Approves a total Development capital budget, including contingencies, of £18,807,236 of which £1,569,947 has already been approved to deliver the proposed new homes to be funded through a combination of HRA borrowing, Right to Buy receipts and capital receipts from private sales as set out in exempt Appendix 1.
3. Authorises the Strategic Head of Regeneration and Development to take decisions on expenditure against the above budget subject to the continued viability of the Development.
4. Approves the Procurement Strategy, as set out in Appendix 2, to procure a principal construction contractor, using a JCT standard form of building contract, on a design and build basis, for the Development, via the open Find a Tender Service (FTS) procurement route.
5. Delegates authority to the Strategic Director for the Economy in consultation with the Assistant Director of Legal Services, to take any necessary steps to resolve matters arising from the grant of planning permission, including the authority to enter into any associated legal agreements arising from the delivery of the development and enabling deeds and agreements with statutory utility providers and third parties including the surrender and re-grant of a lease on existing sub-station, highways agreements, the stopping up or diversion of footpaths necessary to enable the Development to be carried out pursuant to section 257 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 and consider and decide any necessary appropriation to expedite and secure the best use of the land.
6. Confirms that the Site comprising a vacant three storey building, together with outbuildings which is currently held in the General Fund is no longer required for the current purpose for the reasons specified in paragraph 4 and 5 of the ‘Detailed Analysis’ section of this report.
7. Approves the appropriation of this Site for planning purposes pursuant to section 122 of the Local Government Act 1972 as it will facilitate the carrying out of redevelopment in relation to the land pursuant to section 226(1)(a) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990).
8. Delegates authority to the Strategic Director for the Economy, inconsultation with the Assist Director of Legal Services, to carry out such steps as are necessary to effect the appropriation of the Site for planning purposes under section 122 of the Local Government Act 1972 and subsequently engage the powers under Section 203 of the Housing and Planning Act 2016 in order to authorise any interference with easements, covenants and other rights in respect of the Site including authorisation to take all necessary steps required in relation to any associated claims, settlements relating to compensation under section 204 of the Housing and Planning Act 2016 and other legal agreements so as to enable the Development of the Site.
9. Notes the responses to consultation undertaken by the Council in relation to the Development.
Publication date: 16/05/2023
Date of decision: 15/05/2023
Decided at meeting: 15/05/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 20/05/2023