Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To give an update on forecast outturn position
in line with financial regulations and to request budget virements
1. To delegate authority to the Director of Finance, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance and Reform, to take all decisions necessary to facilitate the closing of the final accounts.
2. To note the General Fund forecast overspend of £1.890m.
3. To note that the forecast drawdown from the Housing Revenue Account general balance will be £6.329m. This is £2.279m more than budgeted.
4. To note the requirement for significant further action to reduce the forecast overspends and balance the budget.
5. To note the in-year Dedicated Schools Grant High Needs Block forecasted surplus of nil.
6. To approve General Fund virements totalling £0.190m as detailed in appendix 10.
Report author: Elizabeth Nash
Publication date: 18/04/2023
Date of decision: 17/04/2023
Decided at meeting: 17/04/2023 - Cabinet
Effective from: 22/04/2023