Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report seeks approval for the Procurement
Strategy to appoint the main contractor to start works at the White
City Central site.
1. That Appendix 6 is not for publication on the basis that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) as set out in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
2. To approve the Procurement Strategy, as set out in Appendix 1, to procure a construction contractor on a design and build basis for the Development via an established and independent framework, that is independent from any of the contractors, in accordance with Public Contracts Regulations 2015.
3. To delegate authority to the Strategic Head of Regeneration & Development, in consultation with the Director of Finance, to take any necessary steps to resolve matters arising from the grant of planning permission, including the authority to enter into any associated legal agreements arising from the delivery of the development and enabling deeds and agreements with statutory utility providers and third parties including the surrender and re-grant of a lease on existing sub-station, highways agreements, the granting of a new lease and any necessary appropriation of land which is surplus to requirements to expedite and secure the best use of the land.
4. To delegate authority to the Strategic Director for the Economy, in consultation with the Director of Resources, to progress the appropriation of the Site for planning purposes and the use of powers under Section 203 of the Housing and Planning Act 2016 in order to authorise any interference with easements, covenants and other rights in respect of the Site including authorisation to take all necessary steps required in relation to any associated claims, settlements and legal agreements so as to enable the Development of the Site.
5. To carefully considers the responses to consultation undertaken by the Council under Section 105 of the Housing Act 1985 in relation to the Development. The Section 105 consultation process will be completed by early 2023.
Report author: Ayesha Ovaisi
Publication date: 11/10/2022
Date of decision: 10/10/2022
Decided at meeting: 10/10/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 14/10/2022