Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Procurement Strategy and enabling decisions
for the development of affordable homes at the former Hartopp and
That the Cabinet:
1. Approves that Appendix 6 is not for publication on the basis that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) as set out in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
2. Approves the Procurement Strategy, as set out in Appendix 1, to procure a construction contractor on a design and build basis for the Development.
3. Endorses the Planning Application that has been submitted for the Site.
4. Delegates authority to the Strategic Head of Regeneration & Development, in consultation with the Director of Finance, to take any necessary steps to resolve matters arising from the grant of planning permission referenced in Recommendation , including the authority to enter into any associated legal agreements arising from the delivery of the development and enabling deeds and agreements with statutory utility providers and third parties including the surrender and re-grant of a lease on existing sub-station, the granting of a new lease and any necessary appropriation of land which is surplus to requirements to expediate and secure the best use of the land.
5. Delegates authority to the Strategic Director for the Economy, inconsultation with the Director of Resources, to progress the appropriation of the Site for planning purposes and the use of powers under Section 203 of the Housing and Planning Act 2016 in order to authorise any interference with easements, covenants and other rights in respect of the Site including authorisation to take all necessary steps required in relation to any associated claims, settlements and legal agreements so as to enable the Development of the Site.
6. Carefully considers the responses to consultation undertaken by the Council under Section 105 of the Housing Act 1985 in relation to the Development.
7. Notes and endorses that a budget report will be submitted to the full Council meeting scheduled on 13 July 2022 seeking a budget for the Development. Recommendations 4 and 5 in this report are subject to, and dependent on, approval of that budget report.
Report author: Labab Lubab
Publication date: 07/06/2022
Date of decision: 06/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 06/06/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 10/06/2022