Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report presents the Council’s
four-year Capital Programme for the period 2022 to 2026.
1. To approve the four-year General Fund Capital Programme budget at £187.6m for the period 2022/23-2025/26 (presented in Table 2 and Appendix 1).
2. To approve the continuation of rolling programmes for 2022/23 funded from the Council’s mainstream resources. For financial modelling purposes, these programmes are assumed to continue at the same level until 2025/26:
3. To delegate approval of the detailed programmes for use of the rolling programmes, in recommendation 2, to the relevant SLT Director in consultation with the Director of Finance and relevant Lead Cabinet Member.
4. To approve the four-year Housing (HRA) Capital Programme at £389.6m for the period 2022/23-2025/26 as set out in Table 5 and Appendix 1.
5. To delegate authority to the Director of Finance in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance and Commercial Services to approve the potential use of up to £4.3m of capital receipts under the Government’s Flexible Use of Capital Receipts provisions for funding of Invest to Save schemes in 2022/23 and 2023/24 (as identified in Appendix 5) and potential match-funding opportunities.
6. To approve the Capital Strategy 2022/23, as set out in Appendix 4.
7. To approve the annual Minimum Revenue Provision policy statement for 2022/23, as set out in Appendix 6.
8. To note the existing mainstream funded schemes previously approved, but now reprofiled to 2022/23 and future years as detailed in Table 3.
Report author: Andrew Lord
Publication date: 08/02/2022
Date of decision: 07/02/2022
Decided at meeting: 07/02/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 11/02/2022