Scope of portfolio
Adult Social Care and Community Health
· The Authority's policies and strategic plans relating to Adult Social Services, and Supporting People Programme for specialist Housing Support.
· Chairing the Health & Wellbeing Board.
· Meeting the Authority's statutory functions under The Care Act, NHS and Community Care Act 1990, Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, Health Act 2006 and other appropriate legislation.
· Ensuring that the needs of vulnerable adults are met.
· Determining applications for financial assistance for community and voluntary organisations within the borough that fall within this portfolio.
· Developing and monitoring service provision in respect of residential facilities, provided for older people, the chronically sick, disabled people, people with learning disabilities, people affected by HIV/Aids and people with mental health needs.
· The administration of the AIDS Support Grant, Social Care Reform Grant and Strokes Grant.
· The development of joint and partnership working, including joint commissioning of services with the CCGs and Trusts for the provision of social and health care.
· Representing the Council's views on matters of corporate or strategic policy and special projects.
· The development, monitoring and implementation of the Authority’s strategy in respect of better government for older people and people with disabilities.
· The development of policies and strategies to retain and enhance high quality GP, other primary, community and acute health care services, including at Charing Cross Hospital and Milson Road Health Centre.
· To act as Lead Member for physical, mental health and well-being.
· Responsibility for commissioning and contracting effective and efficient services across social care which can achieve real outcomes for residents and service users.
· The promotion of health education and public awareness of health issues within the borough, and implementation and monitoring of projects and services in relation to public health provision.
· The commissioning and contracting of local authority public health services within the borough, joint commissioning with partner organisations, and monitoring that these contracts are managed effectively.
· Consultation with the agencies and voluntary organisations concerned with public health matters in the borough, and encouraging and supporting the development of such organisations.
· The establishment of partnerships and other forms of collaborative working with the Health Authorities to develop and monitor joint programmes and other projects and services relating to public health provision and education within the borough.
Strategic Corporate Policies and Programmes
To develop, implement and monitor strategic corporate policies and programmes.
Functions shared with the Deputy Leader
The development, monitoring and implementation of drug and alcohol policies.
Functions shared with the Cabinet Member for Children and Education
Community transport services.
Note: The Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Social Care is responsible for:
In conjunction with the Leader and the Cabinet Member for Public Services Reform:
· The Strategic Director for Social Care
· The Director of Public Health