Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for the Environment
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Upgrade the temporary cycle lane installed
along the Safer Cycle Pathway route to a semi-permanent interim
1. To proceed with Option 1 to upgrade the current temporary cycle scheme installed during the COVID-19 pandemic and to create an interim Safer Cycle Pathway (SCP) in Hammersmith; from Goldhawk Road to Lyric Square and the northern section of the Gyratory via an Experimental Traffic Order.
2. To use the design for the Safer Cycle Pathway route at the Goldhawk Road signalised junction to facilitate improved traffic and bus flows similar to proposals for the permanent scheme.
3. To agree a plan with TfL to develop the semi-permanent proposed scheme and secure funding.
4. To continue to engage with the Disabled Residents Team (DRT) on accessible and inclusive design for the interim scheme and continue early design development for a permanent scheme.
5. To commence the installation as soon as possible to ensure completion by late 2021.
1. The Safer Cycle Pathway is a key aspiration of the administration therefore to move it to an interim design will give the Council a springboard for a permanent solution.
2. This infrastructure is a key part of the Council’s green agenda and there will be opportunity for future funding from TfL to complete the works.
3. Co-production remains a high priority for the Council and therefore ongoing engagement with resident led working groups will continue throughout design development for both the interim scheme and permanent scheme.
As described in the report.
Publication date: 19/07/2021
Date of decision: 18/07/2021
Effective from: 22/07/2021