Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report requests permission to implement the changes following consultation on proposed changes to the Council's Housing Allocation Scheme.
To approve the following changes to the Housing Allocation Scheme:
2. Allow qualifying households to remain or join the housing register when assisted into the Private Rented Sector via our Homelessness Service.
3. Lower the community contribution threshold for Disabled people.
4. Make an exception to the local residency qualification so that young people are not disadvantage by time spent outside the borough to access SEN services.
5. Ring fence properties which have been adapted or are suitable for adaption for disabled households.
6. Give additional priority for young people ready for move-on from Care by increasing their priority award to Band 1 and increase the annual quota for Children Leaving Care from 30 to 40 housing lets.
7. That local Lettings Plans be put in place automatically to give local residents priority for all new social housing developments.
Report author: Gerry Crowley
Publication date: 13/10/2020
Date of decision: 12/10/2020
Decided at meeting: 12/10/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/10/2020