Decision Maker: Strategic Director of the Economy Department (former Growth & Place)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report seeks approval to enter into a
Tripartite Agreement (TA) for the disposal of land at the site of
the former Bradmore Park Road (BPR) Children's Centre to the London
Quakers Property Trust (LQPT).
1. That the Council enters into a Tripartite Agreement with A2Dominion DevelopmentsLtd andthe LondonQuakers PropertyTrust (LQPT)to dispose of land at the former Bradmore Park Children's Centre site to the London Quakers Property Trust.
2. That the Council enters into a Development Agreement with A2Dominion DevelopmentLtd andLQPT tobuild areplacement FriendsMeeting Housefor the Hammersmith Quakers at the Bradmore Parksite.
3. That the Council issues a Building Licence to A2Dominion Development Ltd to commence enabling works for the construction of the replacement HQFMH at theformer BradmorePark Children'sCentre site,pending completionof theTA and DA.
4. Note that a separate capital budget (amount detailed in Exempt Appendix 1) in respect of expected SDLT relating to the HQFMH will be requested in the next capital monitoring report, shouldthis notbe approvedthese costswillbe managedfrom contingenciesin the wider King Street Capital Budget.
5. Notethatthereis afinancial riskin relationto Council'srecovery ofVAT costs, should the risk materialise, and the Council not be able to recover VAT (estimated amount detailed in the Exempt Appendix), a further decision report will be required to fundthis.
InDecember2018, Cabinetagreed thethese recommendations aspart of the approval of the business case and delivery strategy for the West King Street RenewalProgramme:
Option 1 - Do nothing
Option 2 - Do not proceed until the JV partnership and CLSA between the Council and A2D are legally completed.
Option 3 - Enter into Tripartite Agreements with A2D and LQPT for the proposed land swap (TA) and Development Agreement (DA) of a replacement HQFMH at the BPR site.
Publication date: 10/06/2019
Date of decision: 05/04/2019
Effective from: 13/06/2019