Decision Maker: Leader of the Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A report seeking approval of the council’s acquisition and Compulsory Purchase Order strategy in relation to the Earls Court Opportunity Area.
Reasons for urgency:
The council needs to urgently approve the approach to the CPO strategy to enable it to commence the order process and acquisition of land. The project has stalled with over 6 years of inactivity and uncertainty under current ownership.
That the Leader approves:
1. The development of a strategy to acquire land through CPO in the Earls Court Opportunity Area (in section 4).
2. A waiver from the requirement of seeking three written quotes as set in CSO 23 (Appointment of Consultants) in relation to the appointment Avison Young, on the grounds that this is in the overall interests of the Council.
3. Approves the appointment of Avison Young to develop the CPO strategy for with officers, as set out in section 4.8 to 4.10 for £7,500 plus VAT.
4. That it be noted that Officers will submit the CPO strategy report to Cabinet for consideration.
To agree to develop a CPO strategy by which the council can acquire land in the Earls Court opportunity area in order to bring forward much needed new affordable housing on a site which has stalled for over 6 years.
· Option 1 proceed as set out in the report (recommended).
· Option 2 do nothing.
· Option 3 develop a strategy internally.
Urgent item?: Yes
Publication date: 30/04/2019
Date of decision: 29/04/2019
Effective from: 03/05/2019