Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Finance and Commercial Services
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
A decision is required on where H&F line
of business systems are hosted, e.g. Academy, ArcGIS. Currently
these are hosted by BT and the report will make a recommendation on
the future strategy for these services.
1. Approve that Appendix 1 is not for publication on the basis that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) as set out in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
2. Approve a variation to the original Call Off Contract for Information Technology and Communication Services with BT dated 8th April 2016 to include additional infrastructure services, specifically an Express Route (fast connection) between the BT data centre, H&F 145KS, Kensington Town Hall and Microsoft Azure.
3. Approve the issuing of a Change Control Notice to BT to procure the infrastructure services for a total cost of £292,912.20 for the remainder of the Lot 4 contract, which ends in September 2023.
The express route is required to provide connections between Microsoft Azure and BT data centres. The express route is required to provide a higher performing connection between BT core network and the Netcall telephony service used by LBHF’s Contact centres.
The option to do nothing is not
The strategic direction of LBHF includes having zero on-site core network infrastructure where possible and the need to support the corporate values such as being “ruthlessly financially efficient”
2. The BT infrastructure is a closed network consumed as part of the LOT 4 (Internet connection, telephony, access to H&F corporate sites) and LOT 3 (Managed data centre services and remote access) services and are interdependent.
3. The procurement of the service from a third-party provider would have caused challenges due to technical integration issues.
Option to implement Express Route –
The express route service provided by BT allows for LBHF to continue to operate its LOT 3 and LOT 4 services whilst our server infrastructure is migrated into Microsoft Azure without negatively affecting critical business services.
Publication date: 13/09/2021
Date of decision: 09/09/2021