Decision Maker: Strategic Director of the Economy Department
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The external repair and refurbishment of the
Grade II Listed Building at Ravenscourt Park Tea House.
To approve the Procurement Strategy, attached at Appendix 1, to use the Capital e-Sourcing portal to go out to tender to procure a contractor for the restoration, repair and refurbishment works at the Grade II Listed Ravenscourt Park Tea House, Hammersmith, London W6 0UA.
1. This project is one which the Council has committed to deliver as part of the Capital Planned Maintenance Programme approved by Cabinet in September 2019. The development of the programme has been guided by the principles of that strategy and the priorities were agreed by the Economy Department’s Capital Board, chaired by the Assistant Director of Leisure, Sport & Culture in May, 2020. The Tea House has suffered a significant degree of deterioration over recent years as it has not been maintained to an acceptable standard. This building is now vacant and derelict.
2. The decision is required to allow the use of the Capital e-Sourcing procurement route, using an open tender procedure. This will allow a suitable contractor, that has the required experience gained on similar conservation projects, to be appointed and to ensure the overall programme is achieved. Contractors will need to demonstrate previous conservation work carried out.
· Option 1: Do nothing - is not an option.
· Option 3: Restricted Procedure Tender
· Option 4: Deliver by Dynamic Purchasing System
Publication date: 22/02/2021
Date of decision: 21/02/2021
Effective from: 25/02/2021