Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
A modification to the end date of a supported
accommodation contract is required.
1. That Appendix 2 is not for publication on the basis that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) as set out in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
2. That the Contract referred to in this report shall be terminated with effect from 1st November 2021.
1. In July 2020, a service review and options appraisal of all supported accommodation services in the borough indicated better outcomes and value for money could be achieved if we included the Contract within the scope of the tender of all rough sleeping and single homeless services in 2021. A new model of accommodation services is required to address the impact of COVID-19 upon users of supported accommodation services; the changing needs of homeless people and to ensure ruthless financial efficiency.
2. The Contract includes a no-fault termination clause in clause 30.4 of the Contract.
1. As a compassionate council H&F is determined to end rough sleeping and the harm it causes to individuals and communities. To help achieve this goal, in January 2021, the Cabinet approved the Rough Sleeping Procurement Strategy. The strategy was revised to address the impact of COVID-19 on future services.
2. A service review and options appraisal in July 2020 indicated better outcomes and value for money could be achieved for individuals and the Council by including all relevant supported accommodation services within the scope of the forthcoming tender.
3. This report seeks approval to terminate a supported accommodation contract so it can be re-commissioned to better address the future challenges we face to deliver our policy objective to end rough sleeping.
Publication date: 18/02/2021
Date of decision: 05/02/2021