Decision Maker: Deputy Leader
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Decision whether to extend borough-wide PSPO
related to consumption of alcohol under the ASB, Policing and Crime
1. That the Deputy Leader authorises the extension of the current PSPO prohibitions/requirements relating to alcohol.
2. That the Deputy Leader authorises the variation of the PSPO to remove the prohibitions/requirements relating to dogs.
1. The findings of the public consultation (outlined in Appendix 3) evidences that alcohol-related ASB continues to have a detrimental effect on the quality of life of H&F residents and visitors, is persistent or continuing in nature, is unreasonable and justifies the restrictions being imposed. There is also evidence of public support for the current PSPO.
2. The consultation findings demonstrate that an extension of the order is required in order to prevent an increase in frequency or seriousness of alcohol-related ASB and to tackle recurring alcohol-related ASB.
3. Varying the order to remove the prohibitions/requirements relating to dogs will allow for a more comprehensive and targeted options analysis and public consultation exercise regarding a new PSPO covering dog control and other related issues specific to our parks and open spaces.
Option 1: Extend and vary the current order (recommended option)
Option 2: Extend the current order as is
Option 3: Vary the behaviours or geographical scope of the order
Option 4: Discharge the order
Publication date: 15/10/2020
Date of decision: 14/10/2020
Effective from: 20/10/2020