Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. To note that Appendix 3 is not for publication on the basis that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) as set out in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
2. To approve the outline procurement strategy set out in Appendix 1 for the tendering of grounds maintenance operations in parks and public open spaces (including Wormwood Scrubs and council housing sites. The latter to be subject to the outcome of consultation with Tenants and Residents Associations).
3. To delegate to the Strategic Director of Environment, in consultation with the relevant Cabinet Member, the ability to modify the procurement strategy in Appendix 1(including any amendments to the evaluation criteria) following; receipt of the Parks Commission’s Final Report, consultation with the Wormwood Scrubs Charitable Trust Committee, consultation with Residents and Tenants Associations in relation to the maintenance of Housing land.
4. To approve that the existing contract with Quadron Services Ltd (trading as Idverde Ltd) be extended within the original contract time frame, by ten months until 31 January 2022, after which the new contract will commence.
5. To approve the use of £150k invest to save funding from one-off council resources, to fund the site mapping of parks and open spaces to inform the contract specification. The associated savings (£3.7m) will be included in the Council’s medium-term financial plans (payback period of less than one year).
6. To take note and give full consideration of the ongoing work of the Parks Commission in developing the Parks and Open Spaces Strategy.
Publication date: 02/06/2020
Date of decision: 01/06/2020
Decided at meeting: 01/06/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 05/06/2020