Decision Maker: Leader of the Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A report to award a contract for Electrical servicing and works for the Council's housing stock.
Reasons for urgency:
The evaluation of the contract bids has been carried out and there is a need to urgently proceed to contract award, in order to maximise the period of mobilisation before the contract starts on 1st August 2020. There are major mobilisation activities that need to commence straightaway: namely the mobilisation of an IT interface between the Council’s housing management system and the contractor’s system, and the delivery of a TUPE transfer of staff between contractors. Any delay to mobilisation threatens service continuity beyond 1st August 2020 of what is a statutory service.
It is recommended that the Leader:
1. Notes that Appendix A is not for publication on the basis that it contains information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information) as set out in paragraph 3 of Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972 (as amended).
2. Approves the award of the Electrical servicing and works contractfor five years to 31st July 2025 with a provision to extend for up to two 12-month periods, to AJS Limited for the value of £14,716,000 (consisting of estimated spend for variable volume work, priced against bespoke prices and a discounted Schedule of Rates).
3. agrees the award of a reserve contract to Openview Security Solutions Limited.
4. notes that the award of the contract cannot be made until the conclusion of the S.20 consultation referred to in section 5 of the report.
5. agrees that for 2020/21, the part-year costs of this contract of £1.979m are funded from the following sources:
· existing revenue budgets within the Housing Revenue Account (£0.739m),
· the capitalised repairs budget within the housing capital programme (£1.240m)
6. agrees that from 2021/22 onwards, the full-year costs of this contract of £2.968m are funded from the following sources:
· existing revenue budgets within the Housing Revenue Account (£1.108m),
· the capitalised repairs budget within the housing capital programme (£1.860m)
Hammersmith and Fulham Council has a legal obligation to ensure its properties are maintained and as a landlord it needs to carry out periodic Electrical Safety checks.
The recommendations outlined are required to appoint a contractor to carry out these works as the interim Electrical servicing and works contracts expire on 31st July 2020.
The recommendations outlined are the most effective way to ensure continuity of Electrical servicing and legal compliance.
The recommendations outlined are based on a competitive tendering process in line with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015. The Final Tenders received were evaluated by the Council’s evaluation team against published evaluation criteria. The Contractors recommended for appointment were identified as the most economically advantageous tenderers having applied the evaluation criteria.
As described in the report.
Publication date: 21/05/2020
Date of decision: 20/05/2020
Effective from: 27/05/2020