Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
Approve the content of the Social Value Policy
to allow its implementation across all Council’s
1. To approve the Social Value Strategy (attached as Appendix 1 of the report).
2. To agree that all tendered contracts above £100,000 (including those procured from frameworks where permitted by the framework rules) have a minimum of 10% of the total score allocated to Social Value. This will increase to 20% by 2023.
3. To agree that all commissioning and procurement over £100,000 should deliver a minimum of 10% Social Value by suppliers and social value key performance indicators (KPIs) will be part of their contract terms. This will increase to 20% by 2023. For contracts under this value, Social Value will be discretionary.
4. To agree the adoption of the national Themes Outcomes and Measures (TOMs) Framework for social value measurement (Appendix 2) for all contracts over £100,000.
5. To agree to provide regular reporting to the Cabinet Member for Finance and Commercial Revenue and quarterly reporting to Cabinet on implementation of the strategy. This will include quantitative figures under the TOM framework both committed to and delivered by suppliers.
6. To agree to establish a mechanism for regular reporting to the relevant Policy and Accountability Committee (PAC).
Report author: Ilaria Agueci
Publication date: 12/05/2020
Date of decision: 11/05/2020
Decided at meeting: 11/05/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 15/05/2020