Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
This report is a Statutory requirement and contains an estimate of the Council Tax Collection rate and calculates the Council Tax Base for 2020/21.
That the estimated numbers of properties for each Valuation Band as
set out in this report be approved.
That an estimated Collection rate of 97.5% be approved.
3. That the Council Tax Base of 80,495 Band “D” equivalent properties be approved.
4. To delegate authority to the Strategic Director of Finance and Governance in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance and Commercial Services, to determine the business rates tax base for 2020/21.
5. To approve the recommendations in the Council Tax Support Scheme 2020/21 report, prior to the recommendations in this report, as they are reflected as Band “D” equivalents in the Council’s Tax base calculations in section 8 below.
6. To confirm that the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham wishes to continue in a pan-London business rates pool in 2020/21.
7. To delegate authority to the Strategic Director of Finance and Governance in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance and Commercial Services, to agree the recommendations in this report from 2021/22 in advance of budget setting.
Report author: Jamie Mullins
Publication date: 07/01/2020
Date of decision: 06/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 06/01/2020 - Cabinet