Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for the Economy and the Arts
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
A borough based social enterprise, alongside
it’s sponsors and partners has answered a challenge by
Economic Development Learning & Skills to develop a two-year
borough-based business support programme; building on third party
contributions of £130,000.
1. To approve a waiver to H&F Contract Standing Orders (under CSO 3) for the requirement to complete a competitive tendering exercise (advertise the opportunity and seek 3 quotations) according to the requirement under CSO’s 11.2;
2. That Cabinet approve the waiving of Contract Standing Order to seek a sole tender from Petite Miracles Interiors Ltd (“Petite Miracles”) to the value of no more than £50,000 to deliver an Enterprise Support Programme contract for a period of 2 years commencing on 27 March 2017 to 31st March 2019.
3. That Cabinet agree to delegate the decision to extend the contract for a further 12 months if required to the Director for Housing Strategy and Growth.
The waiver of Contract Standing Orders is requested due to the nature of the service being provided.
1. Other local providers: Investigation of the market has shown that Petites Miracles is currently the only local organisation that currently have both the funds, expertise, capacity, and premises to run such a support programme.
2. In house provision: Expertise in enterprise support that covers everything from company set up to financial compliance is not available within the Council, nor does the Council own or operate any available affordable retail space in the borough’s major town centres.
Publication date: 11/03/2019
Date of decision: 02/03/2017