Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
This report enables an interim repairs
solution to be put in place to ensure we provide a responsive
repairs service to residents. A conventional procurement exercise
will take place in parallel to procure a contractor or contractors
for the longer-term. A Cabinet report will outline this process in
It is recommended that the Cabinet Member for Housing:
1. Accept officers’ recommendations that a repairs and maintenance contract be awarded to the following contractor as identified below:-
2. Award the contract for Lot 1 (covering NW10, W12 and W3) Housing Repairs and Maintenance to Mears Ltd at an estimated value [in the exempt report] for a period of 12 months with provision for an extension of up to 3 months from 17th April 2019.
3. Note that the price of this contract may increase by up to 10% as the costs of TUPE transfer become clear and approve a contingency sum of this amount for this purpose.
4. Appoint Mears Limited as the reserve contractor for Lot 2 as described in paragraph 6.15 of the report.
5. Note that the award of contract cannot be made until the conclusion of the S.20 consultation referred to in section 7 of the report.
(the full recommendations can be found in the exempt report)
Hammersmith and Fulham Council has a contractual obligation to ensure its properties are maintained and as a landlord it needs to deliver repair and maintenance services to its residents.
This is detailed in the exempt report.
Publication date: 05/03/2019
Date of decision: 16/01/2019