Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report provides a financial update on the
Council’s Capital Programme and seeks approval for budget
variations, as at the end of the first quarter
1. To approve the proposed budget variations to the capital programme totalling £20.5m (summarised in Table 1 and detailed in Appendix 2).
2. To approve an additional £511,000 budget for the Disabled Facilities Grant programme and Adults Social Care capital programme funded from the grant of £0.38m and borrowing of £0.13m. The decision on how the Adult Social Care grant is spent is delegated to the Strategic Director of Adult Social Care and Public Service Reform in consultation with the Strategic Director of Finance and Governance and the Cabinet Member for Health and Adult Social Care and Cabinet Member for Finance and Commercial Services.
3. To note the issues regarding General Fund Capital Programme described in sections 5 and 6 of the report.
4. To establish a disposals programme that will enable reserves to be maintained and reduce reliance on additional borrowing.
5. To note the potential new capital receipt of £0.7m for 2019/20 and that this be set aside to fund invest to save and IT investment.
6. To note the potential risks regarding the Housing Capital Programme, as summarised in section 8.
Report author: Andrew Lord
Publication date: 08/10/2019
Date of decision: 07/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 07/10/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 11/10/2019