Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
A report seeking approval of the
council’s acquisition and Compulsory Purchase Order strategy
in relation to the Earls Court Opportunity Area.
1. Notes and agrees the CPO strategy attached at Appendix 1, including the recommendations set out in section 11.5.
2. Agrees to proceed with the next stage of the CPO Programme based on Option 1 within the CPO Strategy and delegates authority to the Strategic Director for the Economy, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for the Economy, to undertake the necessary actions to progress the recommendations as set out in section 11.5.
3. Approves a budget of £360,000 for work described in Option 1 funded by the Corporate Demands and Pressures Reserve.
4. Approves a waiver to contract standing orders to directly appoint Avison Young to provide project management support.
5. Agrees to award a contract to Avison Young up to a value of £120,000 to provide project management support.
6. Agrees to delegate authority to the Strategic Director for the Economy, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for the Economy, to award contracts for specialist professional advice to progress resident consultation, initial master planning, viability, delivery structure, specialist legal and soft market testing work.
Report author: Matthew Rumble
Publication date: 08/10/2019
Date of decision: 07/10/2019
Decided at meeting: 07/10/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 11/10/2019