Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This report seeks approval to appoint ArkBuild Plc. as main contractor for the construction of 10 genuinely affordable new homes at Spring Vale Estate. The report also seeks a waiver of the tendering requirements of Contract Standing Orders and sets out the contract price and background to the decision.
1. That Cabinet approves a waiver of the standard tendering requirements of Contract Standing Orders to permit a direct award of contract for the appointment of a contractor for a building scheme at Spring Vale Estate on the basis that the market for the works has been investigated and demonstrated to be such that a departure from Contract Standing Orders is justified.
2. That Cabinet approves an increase in the project budget of £352,559 to allow for development costs that fall outside of the scope of the contract as well as a 5% contingency on the build contract.
3. That the increase in the project budget of £352,559 be funded by:
· £105,768 of Right to Buy one for one receipts
· A £246,791 increase in the Housing Capital Financing Requirement, financed initially by internal borrowing.
Report author: Matthew Rumble
Publication date: 06/02/2019
Date of decision: 04/02/2019
Decided at meeting: 04/02/2019 - Cabinet
Effective from: 11/02/2019