Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This urgency report seeks approval to
implement the section 106 highway works for the former BBC
Television Centre and approval to spend the estimated cost of the
In 2015 planning permission was granted to redevelop the former BBC Television Centre site on the western side of Wood Lane (reference 2014/02531/COMB).
The Heads of Terms set out in the S106 agreement included highway improvements (Area 1 - Wood Lane outside the former BBC Television Centre).
Reasons for urgency:
The frontage to the new BBC development has been upgraded and the flats are started to be occupied and a new hotel will be opening very shortly. Therefore, vehicular access from the public highway on the west side of Wood Lane needs to be made permanent to match the requirements of the new development.
1. To approve the works costs for lowering of the statutory undertaker apparatus (i.e. gas, electric, water, telecom etc. services) and the construction of three permanent vehicle access points to the former BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, W12 to council standards.
2. To directly award a works contract for lowering of services to Reach Active Limited specialist contractor in this field, who will co-ordinate all the statutory diversions with the companies and carryout all of the construction works at a cost of £219,585.
3. To approve the waiver of the Council’s contract standing orders in relation to the direct award of the contract to Reach Active Limited for the reasons set out in paragraph 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4 below.
4. To approve the construction of the highway works will be carried out by FM Conway Ltd as the Council’s framework contractor.
5. To include the scheme within the capital programme, at an estimated total cost of £530,102, with funding from a section 106 contribution.
Report author: Michael Masella
Publication date: 05/06/2018
Date of decision: 04/06/2018
Decided at meeting: 04/06/2018 - Cabinet
Effective from: 11/06/2018