Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
The acceleration of the Self Service
procurement will result in the award of contract in July/August. As
no cabinet meeting will be in place then and the procurement will
still be in progress for the July Cabinet, the contract award needs
to be delegated to meet the implementation timetable.
1. To approve the divergence from the Integrated Management Systems Procurement Strategy and Business Case approved by it in January 2018 to permit separate tendering of Lot 1, use of the restricted procedure and adoption of the award criteria referred to in paragraph 5.2 below.
2. To delegate authority to award the contract to the Director of Residents’ Services, in consultation with the Cabinet Member for Finance and Commercial Services.
3. To approve the implementation of the Self Service solution in respect of the planned phases to replace the current solution and provide an enhanced digital platform.
4. Following completion of the implementation phases to enable rollout of the Self Service digital platform to other service areas at the discretion of the Council. These “optional services” will be defined under the Contact Channel Improvements programme and will be subject to full business cases and further decision papers.
5. Additional areas of Authority Services that may use the self service solution during the Contract term include without limitation:
§ Revenues and Benefits (where not covered by Phase one or Phase 2)
§ Environmental Services
§ Adult Social Care
§ Human Resources
Report author: Maria Ellis
Publication date: 10/07/2018
Date of decision: 09/07/2018
Decided at meeting: 09/07/2018 - Cabinet